Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) is an internationally operating conservation organisation based in Germany that has been implementing conservation projects in Africa, South America, South-East Asia and Europe for many decades. The FZS Europe Programme aims to maximise the organisation’s conservation impact by safeguarding large, biodiverse wilderness areas, mainly in Eastern Europe. FZS employs about 350 people worldwide, 28 of whom work at its Frankfurt-based Headquarters.
FZS plans to strengthen its site-based conservation communication efforts in the European project areas through a Communications Assistant, who will support the European projects and relevant national project staff in communication matters, especially in relation to project elements which are funded by third-party grants. Therefore, the FZS Europe Department is seeking a
Conservation Projects Communications Assistant (Trainee) (f/m)
The post holder will support the planning, design and implementation of a series of communication related activities and will draft and share relevant information via on- and offline media channels with a wider international audience, also in order to meet the increasing demands of third-party grant donors for higher visibility. S/he acts as an intermediary between the FZS Europe Department, the FZS Communications Department as well as staff or partners of the European projects. The position is based in one of the FZS European project countries (either Belarus, Poland or Ukraine) with frequent travel activity to the project areas.
MAIN TASKS AND DUTIES
- Support all communications related issues – especially to comply with the requirements of external donors – for the FZS Europe Department projects in Kazakhstan, Belarus/Polesia, Wolf Mountains (Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine) and Ukraine
- Support the planning, design and implementation of project related communication elements and activities (develop websites, provide content, create media material such as short video clips or infographics etc.)
- Visit project areas regularly and assist field colleagues to share stories and information collected through reports, online and offline articles and social media posts within the wider context of project partnerships and donors
- Write and edit text (e.g. news, articles, reports) in a highly professional manner, tailored to target audiences
- Maintain, and support the development of project websites, social media accounts and enhance their performance if needed
- Support international travel logistics and organisation of meetings and events
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- MSc or equivalent advanced degree in conservation, biology, environmental studies, communications or related fields
- First international project management or communication experience, preferably in the field of international and European conservation/ wilderness; experience in FZS European project countries is an asset
- A thorough understanding of conservation issues and an interest in wilderness conservation/ development
- Strong proficiency in writing and editing texts, targeted at different audiences and media channels
- Experience of working with website content management systems and social media
- Experience in creating and editing media material such as infographics, photos, videos clips, audio files etc. is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills with the ability to effectively and professionally communicate at all levels and with multiple constituents
- English language at native-speaker level required, Russian language skills are advantageous
- High reliability and an independent and goal-oriented way of working Ability to prioritize, multitask and perform well under pressure
Your application should contain a cover letter, your CV (chronological, with picture), work samples and published references as well as qualifying certificates. Your cover letter should answer the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for FZS?
- What are your key qualifications for this position?
- What are the two most important personal characteristics that will lead you to success in this position?
Please send your electronic application documents, your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date in PDF format to email@example.com.
Please address to:
Frankfurt Zoological Society
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 31TH JANUARY 2019