FZS Country Director, Tanzania
FZS has been supporting conservation efforts in Tanzania since the late 1950’s with long term engagement particularly in the Serengeti and Mahale National Parks and surrounding ecosystems and in the Selous Game Reserve. FZS is seeking an experienced and dynamic Country Director for Tanzania to lead its work in the country.
- Overall to lead and ensure effective delivery of FZS programmatic outcomes for Tanzania through strategic and technical responsibilities, with specific emphasis on developing and maintaining partner relationships.
- Maintain the legal status of FZS in Tanzania and representation of FZS and its interests within the country.
- Ensure that FZS Annual Work Plans, Annual Reports, Budgets, Staff Performance Management and other FZS Tanzania country programme systems are in place and implemented effectively
- Key partners (TANAPA, TAWA,TAWIRI, Regional and District authorities) liaison and involvement to ensure appropriate project development, implementation and reporting.
- Represent FZS in Tanzania at key events and workshops and where appropriate externally.
- Provide advice to FZS Africa Director on emerging challenges, issues and opportunities throughout the Tanzania programme, and coordinate feedback to project teams and others
- Liaison with donors in Tanzania, including arranging and leading meetings, and act as as link between FZS HQ/FZS-US and projects on Tanzania fundraising issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- An M.Sc. or higher degree in natural resource management or related fields.
- At least 15 years practical experience in conservation in Tanzania including at least 5 years leading teams and developing staff.
- Experience developing and maintaining partnerships with government and other diverse stakeholders including bilateral donor agencies.
- Demonstrated capacity in leadership, administration and development of programme management.
- Ability to travel nationally on a regular basis.
- Fluency in English and Swahili, both written and oral.
TERMS AND BENEFITS
An attractive salary package based on our in-country employment scheme with prospect of a long-term position in an internationally recognized conservation organisation. Probation period is 6 months.
YOUR APPLICATION TO US
Please send your application together with a cover letter including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date and a chronological CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Tanzania Country Director” in the subject line of your email.
The cover letter should answer the following questions:
1. What led you to apply for this position?
2. What is the most important technical ability you will bring to the role?
3. What is your most important personal characteristic that would help you succeed in this role?
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 14th DECEMBER 2018
Please address to:
Frankfurt Zoological Society
Human Resources Dept.
60316 Frankfurt, Germany
FZS Country Director Tanzania (m/f) - PDF/151kb