Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) is an internationally operating conservation organisation based in Germany that has been implementing conservation projects in Africa, South America, South-East Asia and Europe for many decades. The FZS Europe Programme aims to maximise the organisation’s conservation impact by safeguarding large, biodiverse wilderness areas, mainly in Eastern Europe. FZS has about 350 employees worldwide, 28 of whom work at the headquarters in Frankfurt.
Apart from their conservation efforts, FZS invests in the training of future conservation project leaders. Together with six partners (Bio Frankfurt e. V., Goethe University Frankfurt, KfW, KfW Foundation, KPMG and WWF), FZS organizes and hosts the annual “Frankfurt Spring School on Conservation Project Management”. FZS and the Spring School partners wish to further develop and improve the Frankfurt Spring School. For this purpose and on behalf of the Spring School partnership, the FZS Europe Department is thus seeking a
MAIN TASKS AND DUTIES
- Co-develop and organize the curriculum of the Spring School (in collaboration with FZS staff and Spring School partners)
- Arrange venues and logistics of the Spring School
- Select jointly with FZS and Goethe University Spring School participants
- Support participants and trainers on a daily basis during the Spring School
- Manage finances of the Spring School
- Promote and advertise the Spring School and coordinate and support respective press work
- Develop Spring School print material such as announcements, manuals, posters etc.
- Maintain, update and improve the Spring School website and Facebook page (incl. writing blog stories)
- Write reports for donors
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- MSc or equivalent advanced degree in conservation, biology, geography, forestry, environmental studies, communications or related fields
- A thorough understanding of and first experience in conservation issues and in communications
- Participation in the “Frankfurt Spring School on Conservation Project Management” is a prerequisite. The position is only open to alumni of the previous Spring School courses.
- Proven strong organizational, management and multitasking abilities, including good performance under pressure
- Experience in working with website content management systems as well as with social media
- Strong proficiency in writing texts targeted at different audiences and media
- Excellent written and oral command of the English language
- High reliability, independent and goal-oriented way of working, ability to take initiative to make improvements
Your application should contain a cover letter, your chronological CV (incl. a photo) as well as qualifying certificates. Your cover letter should answer the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for the advertised position?
- What are your key qualifications for this position?
- What are the two most important personal characteristics that will lead you to success in this position?
Please send your electronic application documents (as one single pdf) and an indication of your earliest possible starting date to email@example.com.
Please address to:
Frankfurt Zoological Society
60316 Frankfurt, Germany