FZS Zambia Grant Coordinator
A new position is now available to support and manage to FZS Zambia fundraising and third party donor strategy, through the development of proposals, administration of grant contracts, and reporting compliance.
The FZS Zambia Grant Coordinator, based in Lusaka, will provide support for proposal development and grant management to FZS Zambia - North Luangwa Conservation Programme and Nsumbu Tanganyika Conservation Project; therefore the role requires frequent travel to the North Luangwa and Nsumbu landscapes and intermittently to the FZS HQ in Frankfurt, Germany.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- An MSc. or higher degree and at least 10 years practical experience in relevant fields, preferably in Africa
- Proven leadership skills and experience preferably in the national and international conservation or development arena
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication abilities, including excellent writing, verbal and listening skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing bilateral donor funded projects
- Experience of complying with bilateral donor (e.g. EU, KfW, USAID) procurement regulations and financial reporting requirements, financial audits, and internal and external evaluations
- Experience developing and maintaining partnerships with a diversity of key stakeholders
- Proven experience in project design and fundraising with private, NGO and bilateral donors
- Proven experience in project monitoring and evaluation system design and implementation including protocol piloting and data analysis and database management
- Credibility and intellectual stature to gain the trust and collaborate effectively with colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and other institutions
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally on a regular basis
- Fluency in English both written and oral required; with additional fluency in German highly desired.
TERMS AND BENEFITS
An attractive package based on in-country or international employment schemes, and potentially a long-term position in an internationally recognized conservation organization following a probation period of 6 months.
YOUR APPLICATION TO US
Please send your a cover letter including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date and a chronological CV in PDF format to email@example.com.
The cover letter will be used to judge the quality of your application and should answer the following questions:
1. What interests you most to apply for this position?
2. What is the most important technical ability you will bring to the role?
3. Describe how you have contributed to the funding strategy and donor base within your current/most relevant role.
4. What is your most important personal characteristic that you will bring to FZS Zambia in this role?
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 14th DECEMBER 2018
Please address to:
Frankfurt Zoological Society
Human Resources Dept.
60316 Frankfurt, Germany