To manage efficiently and transparently the financial resources, thereby supporting the FZS Indonesia Programme in its delivery of conservation outcomes and impact as per FZS strategy, FZS Indonesia is seeking a
Head of Finance - FZS Indonesia
The Head of Finance will report directly to the Indonesia Programme Manager and will closely co-operate with the grant coordinator and finance department in Germany, as well as Project Managers, and other staff in country. S/he leads and manges the Finance Office.
Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) is an internationally operating conservation organisation based in Germany that has been implementing conservation projects in Africa, South America, South-East Asia and Europe for many decades. Frankfurt Zoological Society’s goal is to work with and for people to secure biodiversity in key ecosystems worldwide as the basis for all life and the livelihoods of present and future generations. FZS runs along-term conservation programmein Jambi’s Bukit Tigapuluh Landscape (Sumatra).For more information on the Society and our projects, please visit our website at www.fzs.org.
- Contribute to the development of the FZS Indonesia Programme, particularly business planning
- Manage the finance team to ensure accurate and efficient working
- Lead the annual FZS Indonesia Programme budget preparations
- Analyse the ongoing financial situation and ensure the flow of financial project information to the FZS Indonesia Programme Manager, Project Leaders and FZS HQ
- Control, manage and ensure a timely flow of funds from HQ to Indonesia and field projects
- Ensure accurate financial reporting, effective administration procedures and internal control and compliance with national fiscal and legal regulations
- Support FZS Indonesia Programme Management in the implementation of financial systems
- Oversee (i) financial reporting to third party donors according to their contracts, (ii) management of FZS Indonesia Programme assets and infrastructure (iii) year-end financial statements and annual financial audit including preperation
- Lead and manage the human resources of the FZS Indonesia Finance Department, including recruitment, job planning, staff performance reviews and appraisals, general staff administration and staff development
- Working towards or gained a professional accounting qualification such as Association of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) , Chartered Accountants (ACA) , Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA), Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) or International Association of Book-keepers (IAB)
- 5 Year’s middle or senior financial management in the commercial or not-for-profit sector
- Management consulting experience or experience designing and implementing new management systems (e.g. financial, human resource and/or administrative) in an organisation
- Exceptional interpersonal and written, verbal and listening communication skills (excellent skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia)
- Proven understanding that the role of administration and financial departments is to provide a support service for the delivery of effective management
- Commitment to providing high-quality, accurate and timely information as well as to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Ability to both think strategically and provide manage detail on a daily basis to ensure operational excellence
- Experience of preparing and conducting audits
- Knowledge of electronic/online banking and Microsoft Office with MS-Excel to an advanced level
- Able to work effectively with non-financially trained professionals
- Knowledge of Indonesian law, particularly labour, tax, NGO and environmental law
- Willingness to live and work in Jambi, Sumatra
- Ability to travel to project areas in Sumatra, often travelling and living under basic conditions in remote areas
- Working style embodies integrity, teamwork, customer service and problem analysis
- Empowering/ motivating/ persuading others
How to apply
1. What professional and personal experiences can you bring to this position?
2. What are your most important personal characteristics that will lead you to succeed in this role?
Please send your electronic application documents, your salary expectations and the earliest possible
starting date in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.