Your call from the wild!
Deputy Head of Department (gn) Europe Department
Frankfurt, Europe, Festanstellung, Vollzeit, 5-7 Jahre Erfahrung
About the Project
In detail the key functions are:
Manage cross-cutting division (finance management, communication and fundraising, advocacy and IT) of the department, line-manage lead staff in this division
Co-manage the overall operations of the department including the implementation of the department‘s longer term and annual planning cycle (based on the departmental strategy)
Maintain a clear overview of the Europe Programmes and the status of its projects (including budget status, project plans and implementation, and staff activities)
Act as the key point of contact for other departments from within FZS
Co-oversee and support the field projects and ensure that FZS procedures and policies are being adhered to where needed
Co-lead on staff development and team coherence
Further management and leadership development of the job holder (to be regulated in the Annual Performance Agreement)
- Higher degree – or equivalent experience – in nature conservation, forestry, biology, geography, environmental studies or related fields
- More than 5 years’ experience in the field of nature conservation and working internationally
- Strong leadership and the ability to work and take decisions independently
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and preferably German, Ukrainian would be an asset)
- Energetic “roll up the sleeves” work ethic, creative ‘out the box’ thinking, and attention to detail
- A passion for wilderness and nature conservation
- Engaging and meaningful work with room for your own ideas
- Opportunity to get to know impressive wilderness areas in Europe, and to contribute towards their protection
- Form part of a dynamic and motivated team in Europe, as well as the larger FZS team working to secure outstanding wild places across the globe
- Job ticket, occupational pension scheme and 30 days’ vacation per year
- Flat hierarchy, opportunities for further training and the option for remote work within limits
- The position is initially limited to two years with a possible longer-term perspective
Please send us your application (as PDF including a motivation letter, CV, qualifying certificates and work samples) together with your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date. In your motivation letter please answer the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for FZS?
- Which qualifications and personal qualities make you a good candidate for this position?
Frankfurt Zoological Society
Marthe Braun, Human Resources
60316 Frankfurt, Germany
We look forward to receiving your application by 24th February 2023.
Download Job Ad here: Deputy Head of Department (gn) Europe Department