Your call from the wild!
Grant Development Manager (gn) – parental leave cover
Frankfurt, Headquarters, Employee, full-or-part-time, 5-7 years of experience
About the Project
As a two-years parental leave cover, our team is looking for support. Third party grants from private and institutional donors play an important role in the implementation of the FZS global conservation programme. FZS takes a strategic approach when applying for grants and also strives to plan and implement projects to highest quality standards. Hence the core tasks of the position are to coordinate and/or oversee the planning and application phase, as well as project set up and reporting of third party grant projects within all departments of FZS. Processes within the organisation shall increasingly be standardized and “best practices” in relation to donor standards and procedures shared. In addition, communication with donors will continuously be maintained and strengthened. The job holder will also coordinate with regional grant coordinators (mainly in Tanzania and Zambia) and generally assist the projects upon needs.
- Identify and develop new grant opportunities and donors relevant to FZS work globally
- Strategically and technically develop the third-party grant sector within FZS
- Support FZS Programmes in project and grant development, ensuring projects are set up in compliance with grant rules
- Develop and maintain relevant processes to ensure donor and grant compliance, including maintaining a repository of standard information required for applications and a projects database
- Coordinate and communicate with public and private donors of FZS as needed for grant development and compliance
- Develop and manage relationships with key FZS donors, especially in Germany, in coordination with other FZS Senior staff
- Mentor and train FZS staff in relevant grant compliance processes Liaise closely with other departments to ensure alignment with the grant management approach
- Master’s or equivalent advanced degree in environmental studies, conservation, biology, geography, public administration, law or international affairs
- At least five years of professional and international field-based conservation project management experience, predominantly in sub-saharan Africa
- Proven track-record of management of third party grants, including engagement with bilateral (e.g. EU, BMZ, KfW, USAID, DFID or similar) and private donors
- Proven fundraising, budget management and administration skills
- Experience in resource mobilisation including strong proposal writing skills
- Proven ability to conceptualize, design and budget medium and large scale and multi-stakeholder conservation projects using common tools such as logframe or open standards
- High-level engagement and strategic planning of programmes with development donors is an advantage
- Excellent English and German language skills; French and / or Spanish is an advantage
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and communicate at all levels and with multiple constituents
- Independent thinker with strong customer service orientation and collaborative work style
- Passion for and thorough understanding of wilderness conservation
- An exciting opportunity in an innovative and globally active nature conservation organization
- Cross-geographical linkages with all FZS departments and regions
- Extremely dedicated international and interdisciplinary teams
- Challenging and meaningful topics
- Professional development opportunities and freedom to develop own ideas within the organizational framework
- A two-year contract based in Frankfurt, Germany to cover a parental leave
Please include a motivation letter, a CV, work samples and published references as well as qualifying certificates in your application. In your motivation letter please answer the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for FZS?
- Which qualifications and personal qualities make you a good candidate for this position?
Also provide your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date. Please send your electronic application documents (as one single PDF) by using our application form.
Please address to:
Frankfurt Zoological Society
Marthe Braun, Human Resources
60316 Frankfurt, Germany
Download Job Description: Grant Development Manager (gn) – parental leave cover