North Luangwa Conservation Programme Landscape Resource Economist FZS Zambia
Zambia, Africa, Employee, full-time, 5-7 years of experience
About the Project
- Develop a strategic socio-economic/financing framework(s) in support of nature-based outcomes.
- Provide specialist finance/economic implementation support for targeted landscape programmes/interventions.
- Understand, develop and support the implementation of innovative landscape nature- basedfinancing solutions and mechanisms.
- Strengthen and develop strategic alliances in support of nature-based outcomes within the implementation landscapes.
- Create mechanisms for tourism/livelihood links/credits/impact bonds, corridor/LUP adherence payments.
KPA 1. Strategic stakeholder engagement: strengthened relationships for landscape outcomes, and mainstreaming of nature-based outcomes into policy and development planning processes:
– Identify key landscape stakeholders that will strengthen and grow a range of conservation compatible business models in the North Luangwa Landscape.
KPA 2. Provide specialist support key implementation programmes: cost-benefit studies, feasibility studies and business cases:
– Provide specialist technical support to understand and inform feasibility studies, business cases for key conservation compatible implementation projects such as wildlife economy projects; responsible low impact tourism; infrastructure development; fishery use and livelihood opportunities; sustainable forest resource use; conservation agriculture and livelihoods projects.
– Guide benefit sharing models with relevant community structures and partners.
KPA 3. Support SMME development linked to market access:
– Understand the status and opportunities to strengthen enterprise value chains within community areas linked to the conservation sector.
– Develop an innovative finance framework that will inform a range of financing solutions, including but not limited to carbon credits.
– Conduct market research and analysis, identify, and engage with reputable service providers and partners to develop proposals for nature-based solutions.
KPA 5: Natural resource use valuation:
– Develop framework(s) to understand the value of natural resource use within landscape programmes and inform responsible resource use strategies.
KPA6: Responsible Tourism:
– Provide specialist technical input to responsible tourism arrangements/concessions.
KPA 7. Knowledge management:
– Develop a landscape socio-economic impact assessment of the contribution by landscape conservation programmes and investments.
– In collaboration with on-site monitoring and evaluation team, monitor and report on the performance and impact of nature-based financing solutions.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in resource/environmental economics, business management, or environmental science.
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience in resource economics/environmental finance, business management, natural resource management, climate change mitigation, biodiversity management.
- Strong project management background and a proven track record of successfully catalysing and implementing nature-based solutions for impact.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, results oriented and highly resilient.
- Skilled collaborative worker, with experience working with a range of stakeholders including governments, private sector, NGOs, and communities.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex financial concepts to a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and efficient, with the autonomy to develop your own strategies and workplans and prioritise your own work schedule.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Passion for conservation, community development, and sustainability.
Please email a cover letter (max. 2 pages) explaining why you feel you should be considered for this post (individual or company with dedicated lead specialist); a full CV highlighting relevant experience and achievements OR companies to list similar work completed with the CV of dedicated lead specialist; and contact details for two referees (who will not be contacted without your permission). Please use ‘Landscape Resource Economist’ as the subject line. Please do not send certificates, affidavits or similar.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter (as a single document) to email@example.com
Closing Date: 17th November 2023 at 23:59. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by email.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
FZS values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.