Project Manager Nature Based Financing Solutions (gn)
Frankfurt, Finance, Employee, full-time, 5-7 years of experience
About the Project
Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) conserves wildlife and ecosystems focussing on protected areas and outstanding wild places. FZS maintains long-term conservation programmes in Africa, South America, Asia and Europe. The Africa Programme is FZS’ largest and oldest programme and is active in five focal countries: the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
FZS’ conservation programmes are funded primarily through institutional and bilateral donations. To scale up our programmes and increase our financial sustainability, FZS is increasingly looking to nature markets, including but no limited to carbon, biodiversity, and environmental impact bonds.
FZS is seeking a skilled and experienced environmental finance specialist to explore and evaluate the potential of existing and emerging nature markets, and to work closely with FZS programme managers to develop and implement nature-based financing solutions-projects tailored to each landscape. These projects are anticipated to contribute significantly to FZS’ ability to scale up and contribute toward the implementation of the Global Biodiversity Framework, including the 30 x 30 target.
- Explore and evaluate the potential of existing and emerging nature markets including carbon, biodiversity, and environmental impact bonds to finance biodiversity conservation.
- Identify and assess the risks and opportunities associated with these markets, such as regulatory frameworks, market demand, pricing mechanisms, and verification standards.
- Conduct market research and analysis, identify, and engage with FZS projects, reputable service providers and partners to develop business cases and proposals for nature-based financing solutions.
- Develop a flexible, global nature-based solutions framework and policy to inform and guide local solutions within project areas.
- Provide expert guidance and support to programme managers and partners on the design and implementation of nature-based solutions, ensuring alignment with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
- In collaboration with on-site monitoring and evaluation teams, monitor and report on the performance and impact of nature-based solutions.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and learning among staff and partners, as well as contribute to the development of best practices and standards for nature-based solutions.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in environmental economics, finance or environmental science.
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience at the intersection of environmental finance, economics, natural resource management, and/or related field.
- Strong project management background and a proven track record of successfully developing and implementing nature-based financing solutions-projects and products.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, results oriented and highly resilient.
- Skilled collaborative worker, with experience working with a range of stakeholders including governments, private sector, NGOs, and communities.
- Self-motivated and efficient, with the autonomy to develop strategies and workplans and prioritise your own work schedule.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, and reporting skills
- Willingness to travel
- Passion for conservation, community development, and sustainability
- Engaging and meaningful work that encourages independent and entrepreneurial thinking
- Opportunity to get to know impressive wilderness areas and to contribute towards their protection
- A dynamic and motivated team environment, working to secure outstanding wild places across the globe
- Flat hierarchy, opportunities for further training and the option for remote work within limits
- Job-Ticket, Corporate Pension Scheme, 30 days of vacation per year
The contract will be for 2-years initially with a longterm perspective.
We look forward to receiving your application by 10 March 2024.
Your contact person:
Zoologische Gesellschaft Frankfurt von 1858 e. V.
Linda Schultze, Human Resources
60316 Frankfurt am Main